COVID-19 and Diving
Special circumstances require special measures! Safety for our staff and our customers have always been a priority for us and now more than ever. We have worked hard on writing detailed guide lines regarding COVID-19 and diving. We follow DAN (divers alert network) and PADI recommendations for diving. We are continuously updating ourselves on Thai authorities safety regulations.
We understand that many people might be worried about COVID-19 and diving during these times. To make you feel as comfortable and safe as possible Lanta Diver has taken following safety measures:
- We sanitize our dive equipment with Steramin and Dettol after every use. Cleaning includes BCD:s, regulator second stages, oral inflators, fins, wet suits, masks and snorkels
- All customers and staff must wash hands frequently with soap and water and use hand sanitizer regularly
- All staff and customers must maintain social distance when possible
- All customers and staff are advised to wear a face mask when possible
- Our staff will set up the dive gear for you
- Customers check their own equipment under supervision of buddy or Dive Master. Do NOT breathe into alternative air source, just push the purge button
- Establish 2m distance on surface when possible
- Do NOT share air on surface
- We check temperature on all customers before entering boat and/or Dive shop.
If you have a fever, cough or difficulty breathing, seek medical care immediately and do not sign up for any diving or snorkelling. Make sure your insurance policy is valid. If you have been ill, make sure to get a proper medical check up to clear you for diving. If you have had COVID-19 you are not allowed to dive with us.
This is a new situation for all of us so please be patient if things take a bit longer and we do not have the answers at once.
If you have any concerns please do not hesitate to ask! If you have any questions or suggestions feel free to talk to one of our staff members.
We want to be fully transparent so if you wish to read our detailed guide lines concerning COVID-19 and diving, just ask and we will provide you a copy!