Instructor Development Course
Lanta Diver was the first PADI IDC centre on Koh Lanta, and has since been running successful IDC’s on the island for the past 10 years. Our emphasis on professionalism is clear in all aspects of the dive centre and this element continues right through our Instructor Development Courses.
The beautiful island of Koh Lanta is the perfect environment for you to make your IDC. It is a relaxed island with beautiful beaches easily accessible for confined water and open water preparations.
We have modern air-conditioned classrooms conveniently located in the town Ban Saladan. We can offer the confined water presentations in a private swimming pool with no other disturbances.
There is a wide variety of resorts to suit all budgets and preferences. Please contact us if you would like some recommendations.
Lanta Diver offers the following IDC package :
- Free IDC Prep Course – 3 days
- Instructor IDC (Instructor Development Course)
- The IDC includes several additional free workshops to prepare you to be an excellent instructor and to help you pass your I.E., such as Rescue and Knot-tying workshops.
- Emergency First Response EFR and CFC Instructor Course (pre-requisite to IDC) – EFRI
- Instructor Specialty Ratings (includes application fees)
- Peak Performance Buoyancy Specialty Instructor Rating
- Project AWARE Specialty Instructor Rating
- Project AWARE Coral Reef Conservation Specialty Instructor Rating
PADI Materials :
- IDC Crew Pack
- EFR Instructor Manual
Package include :
- Free IDC T-Shirt
- Free employment advice and assistance including optional employment workshop and help in finding work even after you leave
- Dive equipment discounts
- Free equipment rental during IDC if needed
- Includes lunch every day during the IDC
Prices : THB 59,000
*** Special Offers : Free Enriched Air (Nitrox) Specialty Instructor Rating (PADI Application fee of AUD 77 not included)
PADI Fees (in $AUD)
- Instructor Examination Enrolment……………………….730
- Instructor Application………………………………………198
- EFR Instructor Application…………………………………134
- Specialty Instructor Application (per specialty)………….77
Most of our Instructor Candidates choose to take Specialty Instructor ratings after the IDC. Each Specialty Instructor training course costs THB 5,000, or five Specialty Instructor ratings for THB 20,000. We also offer a special ‘unlimited’ package for THB 35,000 on Specialty Instructor ratings (PADI Application fee of AUD 77 per rating not included).
- Your Open Water certification must be dated minimum 6 months prior to the start of your IDC.
- You need 100 logged dives to become an instructor.
- You must be a PADI Divemaster (or equivalent).
- Your current EFR/First Aid certification must be valid – within 24 months
- You will need a dive medical signed by a physician within 12 months.